In order to study verbs properly...
Level: Beginner Intermediate Advanced
- There are 711 verbs entered in the dictionary.
- It is a verb app with dictionary and quiz functions.
- You can search verbs with various verb forms.
What can you do?
- You can study and take quizzes about various verb forms.
- You can search using kana, romaji and kanji.
- You can see lots of information about verbs. (Verb groups, 17 forms, intransitive/transitive verbs)
This is the menu.
Let's take a look at 'Learn.'
A detailed explanation on verb groups is provided.
It might be a good idea to get the basics sorted out here before moving on to the quizzes.
If you want more concrete explanations, you can choose a specific verb as an example, as this helps make the content even easier to understand.
Next, let's take a look at the 'Verb Dictionary.'
We tried looking up the word "よみます."
Let's look at the details.
You can see the meaning, intransitive/transitive information, verb group, level and how the verb is conjugated for each form.
Next, let's take a look at a quiz.
Before you begin, you can customize the quiz using the quiz settings screen. The screen below shows the default settings. Choose the number of questions in the quiz, the quiz type, display language, level, verb form and so on, then start!
The English meaning is displayed. Here, you would choose the 'plain non-past' form of the verb from the 4 choices given.
Below is a correct answer screen.
On a wrong answer screen, the correct answer is displayed for you.
Next is the quiz format, where instead of choosing from multiple choices, you enter the answer directly yourself.
More information about this app.
- App. name
- Japanese Verb
- Szymon Trapp
- 2.3 or later