A dictionary with over 300,000 entries!
Level: Beginner Intermediate Advanced
- This is a multilingual (Japanese-English, Japanese-French, Japanese-Spanish) online dictionary and online kanji dictionary.
- You can look up verb conjugation at the same time, so the app helps you study grammar too.
- Example sentences are provided, which means it's convenient when checking how to use words.
What can you do?
- You can look up not only words but kanji too.
- You can look up how to conjugate verbs.
- You can look up onomatopoeia too.
It is a multilingual dictionary.
However, if you find the Japanese-English function is enough for you, you can just install those options alone.
We'll take a look at the Japanese-English version here.
This is the menu.
In the search function you can choose from a free search among all the dictionary entries (over 300,000 words), or a search using tags.
There are two options for the kanji search too - you can either search among all the kanji or search for a kanji by radical.
You can also search recently displayed entries with the 'History' function.
We tried a free search.
It's possible to do a partial match search.
This is the detailed screen for '話す'.
As well as the meaning of the word, the kanji meaning and link to the kanji page, what's particularly interesting is that the various conjugations of the verb are also shown. This is particularly useful for learners.
From this page you can also go to the kanji page for '話'.
This is the detailed page for the kanji, reached via the link.
For the kanji search you can input either the kanji itself, or the reading/meaning of the character.
You can search by radical too.
Aside from this, there is also a category search.
Let's take a look at the onomatopoeia section.
Detailed meanings and explanations are given.
Hiragana and katakana charts are provided too.
More information about this app.
- App. name
- Books & Reference
- Attila Korompai (ja)
- 1.5 or later