About this site
Here at NIHONGO eな iOS version Portal for Learning Japanese,we look to introduce - in a plain, straightforward way - various apps aimed particularly at learners who use portable devices such as smartphones and tablets to study Japanese. Also, we aim to provide support on how to make good use of handheld devices for learners all over the world who want to learn and enjoy the Japanese language.
- You can search for an app with a particular purpose in mind by choosing from categories such as ‘Speaking’, ‘Listening’ etc. Three user levels - Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced - are shown too, so please refer to this.
- The contents of the featured apps are presented as an itemised list, complete with screenshots.
- In the ‘How to…’ section we explain how to use apps and give simple instructions for operating online tools.
Production & Management
The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai
Established in 1972 as a semi-governmental corporation under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Japan Foundation is the first organization that specializes in international cultural exchange in Japan, playing a major role in promoting arts and cultural exchange, Japanese language education overseas, Japanese studies and intellectual exchange. As an affiliated agency, The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai offers overseas students direct support through Japanese language programs and the development of Japanese teaching materials and websites.
Project Design, Content Production
The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai E-Learning Team
- Collaborators: Sunami Hokuto (design719)
- Illustrations: office purechild
Links & Banners
We are happy for you to link to any pages on our website, including the top page, without prior notice.
We did think it might be convenient if you could use a banner when linking to the site, so we have prepared some banner images in 3 different sizes. Please download and use these as you wish.
We welcome your opinions and questions! Please send us an email, in either Japanese or English, to the address below.
Thank you very much for using the NIHONGO eな iOS version website. This site is operated by the independent administrative institution, The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai, based on the following rules of use. People who access and use this site are deemed to agree with this site policy.
- The copyrights (or intellectual property rights) for information carried on this site, such as text, illustrations, pictures, audio and images, all belong to The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai unless otherwise stated.
- All or part of the information carried on this site cannot be reprinted or reproduced for any purpose other than private use.
- The information carried on this site can be quoted for mainly educational purposes, etc. and within the scope specified by law. In this case, please give credit in the following way: for example, "Courtesy of The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai" or "Source: Japan Foundation."
Exemption of responsibility
- The utmost care is given to security on this site. However, this does not guarantee complete elimination of the possibility of mistaken contents resulting from uncontrollable factors, such as falsification by a third party. The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai does not bear responsibility for any damage to persons resulting from the use of this site or information on this site.
- In order to facilitate the convenience of people using this site, this site includes contents, links, and other information suggested by third parties and translations of these items carried out by The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai for which The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai does not bear responsibility.
Basic thinking on privacy
We will use the opinions and impressions of users collected via the ‘Contact us’ section as a reference when managing the site and to help in its continuous improvement. We may contact users via the email address they provide. The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai will not intentionally reveal information collected from users than can identify an individual to a third party.
However, this excludes the following 2 exceptional cases:
- If information is requested on the basis of legal grounds.
- If, when the processing of information collected by The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai is consigned to an outside business, etc., information is revealed within the scope necessary for the performance of the said work.
The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai adopts rational measures to prevent the accidental disclosure of collected information to a third party.Please understand, however, that the security measures taken by The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai do not guarantee complete security regarding the leakage of information that can identify individual users, etc.
*Cookies: Cookies are data files sent from a website to a user's computer. TThey enable the website to read from the user's computer when the user visits the site again. Some pages on this site use the cookies function to save the user the trouble of inputting details every time, collect history information on pages visited by the user, etc. Personal information about users is not obtained through cookies. In this case, though, it might not be possible to use some of the services provided on this site.
- The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notification.
- While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Institute, Kansai does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using this site.
- Due to technical limitations of the electronic media, fonts, etc. might differ from those in printed publicity materials (for example, machine-dependent characters, personal names).
- Due to system disorder, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site may be suspended temporarily. The unauthorized reproduction of articles and photographs on this site is prohibited.