This is a site where you can have fun learning Japanese in action, in anime and manga. It's filled with contents and categories including character expressions, ninja kanji, onomatopoeia, and love word.
- Have fun while you learn expressions, words, and kanji often used in anime and manga in the four genres, samurai, ninja, school, and love.
- Check characteristic expressions of eight typical anime and manga characters such as a young lady or a butler, and listen to them spoken by voice actors.
- Read the manga as you check the sounds of commonly used expressions and onomatopoeia, and look up the meanings. You can find cultural information, too.
- In all four genres, you can challenge yourself with three levels of word quizzes and two levels of kanji games.
- For Japanese notation you can choose between kanji mixed with kana, kana only, and romaji.
- Commentaries are offered in Spanish, Korean, Chinese, and French.
It was renewed in October 2020. You can now get it on your smartphone.
Take a look at Character Expressions.
Click Character Line-up to see the different expressions of each character at once.
In the Character Dictionary you can learn about single phrases, grammar, aliases, and pronunciation specific to each character.
Go into Quiz: Whose line? to find quizzes that let you use what you learned in the explanations and think about who is saying what. It's a fun quiz, where you can see how well you understand the differences between the characters.
In Expressions by scene, you'll find examples of how words and phrases are used in actual manga drawings. You'll find all sorts of vocabulary and expressions that you won't learn in regular textbooks.
There are onomatopoeia quizzes, too.
Use the Word Quiz page to increase your knowledge of the language used in your favorite genre.
Choose Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced.
The moon changes as the questions progress！
The Kanji Game comes in two levels: Novice and Expert.
Navigators Emina and Agnam will walk you through the site and show you how to use it.