Learn about Japan and Japanese through listening
what can you do?
- You can learn Japanese through old Japanese stories in illustrated book form.
- You can do listening practice.
- You can do reading practice.
- There are 30 stories available to download for free.
The story “かぐや姫(Princess Kaguya) is preinstalled.
If you click “もっと読む” you can download more stories.
We downloaded "鶴の恩返し(The Grateful Crane).
From Your Bookshelf (自分の棚), select the book you want to read and tap its icon. A menu with “Play” and “Playback Settings” will appear.
In the “Playback settings”, you can change the size of the letters (small, medium, large), the playback language (English or Japanese), and the subtitle settings (English or Japanese).
You can change the combination of subtitles and language freely, so you can have English audio with Japanese subtitles, or Japanese audio with English subtitles. The Japanese subtitles are a mix of kanji and hiragana, with no furigana readings.
This is an app that as you listen to the audio, and look at the Japanese subtitles, you can practice kanji and words, and by turning off the subtitles, you can practice your listening skills.
More information about this app.
- App. name
- Yomiage Ehon
- Japanese, English
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.